172nd ASA Meeting, Honolulu, with Presentations by AFMG®
From Nov 28th to Dec 2nd the 172nd Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America will take place in Honolulu, Hawaii. This is the 5th joint meeting of the ASA with the Acoustical Society of Japan. The ASA gathers people in all areas of acoustics from around the world biannually for a week of academic and practical knowledge exchange.
AFMG® is happy to be represented directly by Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Ahnert from Berlin and additionally by our North American team. Wolfgang Ahnert (co-author Stefan Feistel) will concentrate on theoretical background questions being taken into account for optimizing AFMG’s Simulation Software. Main topics of his lectures are:
- Important features of new microphone data bases being used to take the acoustical feedback with loudspeakers into consideration using our simulation tool EASE®.
- Configuration and optimization of subwoofer arrays in EASE® Focus 3.
Ana Jaramillo and Bruce Olson take a close look at real life applications of simulation and acoustical optimization software. Main topics are:
- Meeting the requirements of rooms used for multiple purposes – in this case music performance and instruction in a school
- Comparison between the design and simulation of a new sound system for the House of Representatives in the State of Minnesota with the measurements after installation.
So AFMG contributes broad-based to the meeting sharing their wide knowledge and experience.
If you’re interested in more details please have
a look at
Wolfgang Ahnert / Stefan Feistel:
- Wednesday Morning, 30 November 2016, 11:00 am:
“Acoustic Feedback considerations in simulations of sound systems in rooms” (3aAAb5)
- Wednesday Afternoon, 30 Nov 2016, 2:45 pm:
“Subwoofer Array Modeling and Optimization” (3pEA6)
Ana Jaramillo / Bruce Olson:
- Monday Afternoon, 28 Nov 2016, 1:45 pm:
“Modeling of venues for music practice and instruction” (1pAAa3)
- Tuesday Afternoon, 29 Nov 2016, 3:20 pm:
“Prediction of speech intelligibility through the use of simulation tools” (2pAA7)